The Home Builders Association of Mississippi has partnered with AmFed, our endorsed worker's compensation and general liability provider, to create the Safe Builder Program. This program is intended to reward association members who have committed to education and practicing safety for its employees.
Eligible members can potentially save up to 10% with AmFed by participating in available continuing education opportunities and safety practices. ALL association members can utilize this savings benefit.
CLICK HERE to find a local contracted independent insurance agent near you and allow AmFed to quote your compensation today!
Eligibility Requirements and Program Details
- Program members must be a member of the local, state and national Home Builders Association
- Program member must obtain the Safe Builder Program certification and complete at least six (6) hours of continuing safety education annually. Eligible education training must be sponsored or approved by the Mississippi Housing Institute
- Program members must maintain workers’ compensation insurance along with general liability insurance – HBAM currently provides a General Liability Program endorsed by AmFed National Insurance Company, but the Safe Builder Program will also accept other carrier’s general liability insurance
- Policy minimum premium is $1500
- Policy holder should have a minimum of two (2) full time employees
- Policy holder should not use more than 25% of total payroll for uninsured contractors
- Policy holder must be committed to practicing safety at all job sites
- AmFed National Insurance Company will provide loss control services to members
- Participants of the Safe Builders Program will receive a premium credit/debit based on their own loss experience and determined by AmFed National Insurance Company
- Safe Builder Program will write New Ventures, if the owner has a minimum of three (3) years construction experience
Continuing Education Courses
Continued education courses are available to members through three main resources; in-person instructors, online through the Mississippi Housing Institute (MHI) and online through Safety Plus.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the continued education courses approved by MHI.